Mitchell is beginning to get red-hot.
Trey Mitchell is the winner of the 2023 North America’s Strongest Man (NASM). The American competitor prevailed within the contest that happened on July 15-16, 2023, in Victoriaville, Canada. It’s Mitchell’s first victory of the 2023 strongman season after ending in fourth place on the 2023 Arnold Strongman Classic (ASC), the 2023 World’s Strongest Man (WSM), and the 2023 Giants Live Strongman Classic (GLSC). It’s additionally Mitchell’s first win since his profitable title protection on the 2022 Shaw Classic (SC). He’ll attempt to retain that title as soon as once more in Loveland, CO, in August 2023.
Becoming a member of Mitchell on the NASM podium was the US’ Lucas Hatton (second place) and Canada’s Wesley Derwinsky (third). In line with his web page on Strongman Archives, Hatton has now completed because the runner-up in two consecutive contests after a second-place consequence on the 2023 Arnold Newbie Strongman World Championships (AASWC). In the meantime, along with his third-place end, Derwinsky has now stood on a podium in 5 of seven profession strongman competitions.
The 2023 NASM featured eight occasions over two days, which have been as follows: Max Log Lift, Fingal’s Fingers and Yoke Medley, Atlas Stones, Truck Pull, Wheelbarrow Carry, Automobile Deadlift, Viking Press, and Energy Stairs. Twelve opponents participated within the competitors.
Listed here are the ultimate standings for the roster:
2023 North America’s Strongest Man Outcomes
- Trey Mitchell (United States) — 76.5 factors | Champion
- Lucas Hatton (United States) — 71 factors
- Wesley Derwinsky (Canada) — 71 factors
- Maxime Boudreault (Canada) — 64 factors
- Frédérick Rhéaume (Canada) — 63 factors
- Gabriel Rhéaume (Canada) — 62 factors
- Joey Lavallée (Canada) — 56.5 factors
- Sean Hayes (Canada) — 41.5 factors
- Spenser Remick (United States) — 39.5 factors
- Andrew Montoya (United States) — 28 factors
- Ben Court docket (Canada) — 19 factors
- Mitch Hughes (United States) — 19 factors
To win the 2023 NASM title, Mitchell dominantly took first in 5 of eight occasions. Right here’s an summary of the athlete’s efficiency in each occasion, together with his corresponding end:
Trey Mitchell | 2023 North America’s Strongest Man Occasion By Occasion Efficiency
- Max Log Elevate — 200 kilograms (Tied for first place)
- Fingal’s Fingers and Yoke Medley — 34.38 seconds (First place)
- Atlas Stones — 5 in 40.33 seconds (First place)
- Truck Pull — 52.7 seconds (Fourth place)
- Wheelbarrow Carry — No raise (Twelfth place)
- Automobile Deadlift — 11 reps (First place)
- Viking Press — 16 reps (First place)
- Energy Stairs — [time not disclosed] (Sixth place)
The 2023 NASM was Mitchell’s debut on the contest. In 2014, when the NASM was final held, four-time WSM champion (2011, 2013, 2015-2016) Brian Shaw claimed victory. It could be becoming that Mitchell spent his thirtieth birthday, which fell on the ultimate day of the competition, incomes such prestigious standing.
Mitchell’s identify and repute have grown lots past his standing as a two-time defending SC champion. Nevertheless, if he can stack a three-peat and, with it, earn a brand new title of “The Strongest Man on Earth” on high of some latest performances, his billing as a famous person shall be undebatable.
Featured picture: @berserkerlifter on Instagram