Antipasto salad is a Mediterranean-inspired favourite filled with recent and brined components!
Marinated veggies and olives, recent mozzarella cheese, and your alternative of Italian meats are drizzled with a tangy French dressing and served over a mattress of lettuce!
This antipasto salad recipe just isn’t solely a showstopper to have a look at, however it’s jam-packed with taste.
What’s Antipasto Salad?
- Antipasto is the primary course of an Italian meal and often consists of meats, cheeses, and different numerous bites served charcuterie board type.
- On this recipe, a typical antipasto plate has been was a salad for a gentle summer season entrée or as a filling lunch.
- Antipasto salad is a low-carb and low-calorie lovers’ dream; it’s scrumptious and chock filled with wholesome components!
- All of your favourite pizza toppings come collectively in a single fast and simple salad.
- Add any additional veggies that you’ve in your fridge!
Elements for Antipasto Salad
Romaine Lettuce: This can be a hearty lettuce that pairs properly with the opposite components. Add a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw, for added vitamins and crunch.
Veggies & Cheese: Select marinated artichoke hearts, inexperienced & kalamata olives, tomatoes, and recent mozzarella pearls or bocconcini. Pink onions, recent basil, and parsley not solely add a taste increase but additionally make lovely garnishes!
Meat: Genoa salami, prosciutto, and pepperoni present a salty steadiness. Strive an Italian charcuterie blended bundle from the grocery for selection in only one bundle.
Dressing: Home made Italian dressing is our high choose as an antipasto salad dressing, however select your favourite bottled French dressing in place. Alternatively, a easy mix of extra-virgin olive oil, crimson wine vinegar, and recent lemon juice is scrumptious.
Variations & Substitutions
- Veggies: Roasted crimson peppers add a candy and smoky taste.
- Provolone Cheese: Substitute diced provolone for mozzarella.
- Further Artichokes: For many who love the tang of artichokes, don’t hesitate so as to add extra.
- Pepperoncini: In case you’re a fan of warmth, pepperoncini peppers will present simply the correct quantity.
- Extra Olives: For olive lovers, add additional kalamata or inexperienced olives, or strive stuffed olives.
The way to Make Antipasto Salad
It’s delish and really easy to place collectively:
- Prepare washed romaine lettuce (or different greens) on a platter or in a big bowl. Drizzle with dressing.
- High with the remaining salad components.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper & a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired. Drizzle with olive oil or further dressing if desired.
Storing Leftover Salad
- If planning for leftovers, add the dressing to every serving as an alternative of dressing the entire salad. Dressed salad might wilt if left within the fridge.
- Leftover marinated greens and cheese might be made into an antipasto pasta salad utilizing rotini, penne, or elbow macaroni.
Did you make this Antipasto Salad? Go away us a score and a remark beneath!
A fast and simple salad with all of the flavors of everybody’s favourite Italian-inspired appetizer.
If making home made dressing, put together the dressing and refrigerate to permit flavors to mix.
Wash and dry the greens and tear into bite-sized items. Prepare on a big platter or in a bowl and drizzle with a few of the dressing (just a few tablespoons).
Gently high the salad with remaining components and drizzle with further dressing to style.
Serve with recent herbs and grilled bread if desired.
- ½ cup vegetable oil (or use half olive oil, half vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons crimson wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon every Dijon mustard and honey
- ½ teaspoon every Italian seasoning, oregano, and garlic powder
- salt and pepper to style
If planning for leftovers, drizzle the dressing on particular person servings as an alternative of over the entire salad.
You should use any combination of Italian meats. Most grocery shops promote a bundle of blended cured meats for selection!
Use both recent bocconcini or recent mozzarella that has been diced. Marinated mozzarella is nice on this recipe too.
Energy: 482 | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 32g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Ldl cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 4844mg | Potassium: 681mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7348IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 3mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.