This wealthy and aromatic rooster curry is bound to turn into a recipe favourite!
Gradual simmer tender chunks of bite-sized rooster in a easy and scrumptious curry sauce made with spices, coconut milk, and curry.
Serve it over rice and luxuriate in!
What’s Curry Hen?
A staple from India and a favourite in Thai cooking, curry is a deliciously flavorful spice mix full of taste and many heat spices like turmeric, cumin, ginger, garlic, and cinnamon, to call a couple of.
- It’s easy to regulate to particular person preferences. Make it as spicy or gentle as you want!
- Leftovers make unbelievable lunches all week lengthy, or this rooster curry recipe could be made for batch cooking or make-ahead freezer meals. Then simply thaw and warmth it up later!
- Attempt creamy red curry chicken or mixed vegetable curry chicken for one thing completely different!
Components in Curry Hen
Hen: Boneless, skinless rooster breasts or thighs work on this recipe and make juicy and tender outcomes.
Coconut Milk: Creamy coconut milk is the bottom of this sauce, together with rooster broth. Be certain you’re not utilizing coconut cream, which is good. Substitute heavy cream or half and half for coconut milk, including it close to the tip of cooking.
Spices: Curry powder is a should (in fact!) and the curry paste provides further taste.
Umami Taste: Minced garlic, lime, and fish sauce add numerous taste to this dish.
Variations: Add bell peppers or different greens. For further warmth, add a bit little bit of cayenne pepper for those who’d like.
The right way to Make Curry Hen
What might be less complicated than this wealthy and fragrant stir fry that comes collectively very quickly?
- Prepare dinner onions and garlic in oil, till softened and aromatic (as per the recipe beneath).
- Brown rooster and add curry powder and pink curry paste.
- Add coconut milk and simmer till the rooster is cooked. Garnish, and serve over rice.
What to Serve with Hen Curry
Arising with sides that go together with this delish rooster curry recipe is straightforward!
- Leftover rooster curry will hold within the fridge for as much as 4 days in a sealed container.
- To freeze, seal it in a zippered bag or one other freezer-safe container. It should hold its taste for as much as 6 months and could be defrosted in a single day.
- Reheat it in a pan on the stovetop, including a bit coconut milk or rooster inventory as wanted.
Did your loved ones love this Hen Curry recipe? Go away us a score and a remark beneath!
Hen Curry is an fragrant and flavorful rooster dish in a wealthy coconut curry sauce.
Warmth oil in a big pot or deep skillet over medium-low warmth. Add onions and minced garlic. Prepare dinner till onions are aromatic and softened.
Add rooster to the pot and cook dinner for 2-3 minutes, permitting it to brown barely. Stir within the curry powder and paste, and cook dinner for an extra 3-5 minutes.
Pour in coconut milk and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or till the rooster is totally cooked.
Add the water or rooster inventory, and simmer till the curry reaches the specified consistency.
Stir within the brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice. Style season with extra salt if desired
Prime with contemporary cilantro, serve over cooked rice.
Generally when cooking rooster, it releases quite a lot of juice, and as an alternative of needing to make it thinner, you may must let it thicken extra by simmering it for an extended time.
Energy: 616 | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 31g | Fats: 30g | Saturated Fats: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 0.04g | Ldl cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 820mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 659IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 5mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.