Mongolian Beef is a take-out favourite and even higher made at house in about 20 minutes!
Skinny slices of beef are flash fried and coated in a candy soy sauce, ginger, and garlic sauce.
What’s Mongolian Beef? It’s a easy stir fry with skinny slices of beef simmered in a sauce of soy, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. The brown sugar caramelizes within the soy to make a barely sticky sauce that coats the meat.
Straightforward Take-Out at Residence
I really like Chinese language meals dishes, from hen lettuce wraps to a easy cashew hen, and find it irresistible much more made at house.
- This recipe is the proper steadiness of savory and candy, entire household will find it irresistible!
- Making takeout at house is straightforward and better of all precisely what components go into it.
- Making Selfmade Mongolian beef is budget-friendly in comparison with eating out.
- It’s so versatile, add veggies like sliced purple peppers and serve over rice, on a mattress of noodles, and even tucked inside a lettuce wrap.
- This recipe shares my favourite suggestions for additional tender beef and heaps of taste!
Easy methods to Make Mongolian Beef (PF Chang’s model)
This can be a actually fast and simple Mongolian beef recipe; it’s on the desk in about 20 minutes.
- Coat the slices of beef in cornstarch per the recipe below, flash fry, and put aside.
- Put together the sauce. When the sauce has thickened, add the meat to the pan.
- Serve scorching over rice.
Ideas for Tender Beef
- Add Cornstarch: Toss the meat with cornstarch earlier than cooking. As cornstarch is a pure tenderizer, I take advantage of it on this recipe for tender meat with a pleasant crust and it helps to thicken the sauce.
- Select the Proper Reduce: Select a type of beef that’s supposed for fast cooking. I take advantage of flank steak or sirloin. Costlier cuts (equivalent to filet) will also be used however keep away from harder cuts like stewing meat.
- Reduce Throughout the Grain: All the time reduce beef throughout the grain and slice thinly.
- Cook dinner in Small Batches: Don’t overcrowd the pan; cook dinner in small batches as wanted. Overcrowding the pan may cause the meat to steam quite than sear.
- For simpler chopping, place the meat within the freezer for about 20 minutes earlier than slicing. Reduce beef throughout the grain into 1/4″ inch slices.
- You will notice the lengthy fibers within the meat, you wish to reduce throughout the fibers for tender meat. For those who reduce with the fibers the meat will probably be powerful.
What to Serve with Mongolian Beef
Like most stir-fry recipes, rice is an ideal alternative for absorbing that garlicky ginger sauce. Steamed or baked white rice will do the trick. Add in a contemporary steamed veggie, some bok choy, and even some stir-fried veggies.
Easy methods to Retailer Leftovers
Retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as 4 days in a lined container within the freezer for as much as 4 months.
Freeze in single parts for a fast packable lunch to carry to the workplace. They are often reheated straight from the freezer within the microwave or oven.
Did your loved ones love this Mongolian Beef recipe? Make sure you go away a score and a remark under!
Straightforward Mongolian Beef
Skinny items of beef are rapidly fried & lined in a candy and savory sauce made with soy, ginger, & garlic, then served over a mattress of rice.
Slice the flank steak into skinny ¼” items. Toss with cornstarch, shaking off any extra and put aside.
In a 10-inch skillet, warmth 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-low warmth. Stir in minced ginger and garlic and cook dinner till aromatic, about one minute.
Add soy sauce, water, and brown sugar to the skillet, then carry to a boil. Let it boil for 3-5 minutes till barely thickened. Switch to a small bowl and put aside.
Warmth 1 tablespoon of oil in a separate pan or wok over medium-high warmth. Cook dinner the meat in small batches for about 2 minutes. It doesn’t should be cooked by.
As soon as all the beef is browned, add the meat and sauce again to the skillet and warmth over medium till scorching and bubbly.
Take away from warmth and stir in inexperienced onions. Serve over rice.
- Use low-sodium soy sauce for the very best outcomes.
- For somewhat bit of warmth, add ¼ teaspoon of purple pepper flakes.
- Cook dinner the meat in small batches to make sure even browning. Overcrowding the pan may cause it to steam.
- Slice the meat in opposition to the grain for tenderness.
- Regulate the sweetness or saltiness of the sauce by various the quantity of brown sugar and soy sauce to style.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or purple bell pepper strips if desired.
Serving: 4g | Energy: 342 | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 28g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1691mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.