This pasta salad is full of summery freshness in each chew!
This vibrant orzo pasta salad combines garbanzo beans, feta cheese, and veggies, all tossed in an excellent easy olive oil lemon dressing.
Components for Orzo Pasta Salad
Orzo: The bottom of this recipe is orzo, a pasta that resembles outsized rice grains. Discovered within the pasta part of most grocery shops, it’s excellent for salads and will also be served sizzling. If orzo is unavailable, any mini pasta will work.
Greens: Grape or cherry tomatoes add tangy freshness. I add recent spinach (massaged kale works too!) into orzo salad. Be at liberty so as to add any of your favourite crisp veggies.
Chickpeas: Also referred to as garbanzo beans, chickpeas add texture and protein making this hearty meal.
Daring Taste: This dish will get a taste enhance from crimson onion and feta cheese with a straightforward selfmade dressing.
- Add any veggies from chopped cauliflower to cucumbers or crimson bell peppers.
- Stir in kalamata olives, chopped artichokes, or sundried tomatoes.
- Earlier than serving, sprinkle with recent herbs like recent mint, dill, parsley, or recent basil.
- Swap the feta for goat cheese.
Dressing for Orzo Pasta Salad
This dressing takes simply a few minutes however you should use any French dressing for an Orzo Pasta Salad.
- Use a lightweight flavored olive oil, further virgin olive oil could be a bit bitter for dressings.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon honey instead of sugar if desired.
- Lemon zest or recent dill could be added.
- To make it rapidly, shake the dressing in a mason jar with a lid.
The best way to Make Orzo Pasta Salad
- Whisk the dressing substances (per the recipe under).
- Prepare dinner the orzo till tender, then drain and funky.
- Mix all substances in a big bowl and toss with dressing. Chill for 1 hour earlier than serving.
Ideas For a Excellent Pasta Salad
- Prepare dinner and rinse the orzo to maintain it from overcooking.
- Whisk dressing substances as much as 2 days forward of time.
- Chill the salad for at the least an hour earlier than serving to let the flavors mix.
- Reserve some tomatoes and feta for garnish or sprinkle some herbs on high.
Did you make this Orzo Pasta Salad? Make sure to depart a ranking and a remark under!
Straightforward Orzo Pasta Salad
This straightforward orzo pasta salad is a enjoyable Mediterranean twist on a basic pasta salad. With tomatoes, spinach, and garbanzo beans, it is filled with taste!
Prepare dinner orzo till tender. Cool.
Mix all dressing substances in a small bowl and whisk.
Mix orzo with remaining salad substances.
Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate at the least 1 hour earlier than serving.
Orzo Pasta Salad will preserve in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Stir earlier than serving once more.
Energy: 309 | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 7g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 990IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.