This scrumptious Mexican Tater Tot Casserole was submitted to The Supper Club and by Julia Reffner from North Chesterfield, VA. As quickly as this recipe got here in we knew we needed to make it. You probably have adopted out website for any period of time you understand we love tater tot recipes! We’ve by no means made a Mexican model so this was an actual deal with.
Mexican Tater Tot Casserole Elements Wanted:
Mexican Cheese Mix
We cherished that you just mix the salsa, corn, taco seasoning with the meat and also you really use the bitter cream within the dish and never as a topping. This casserole was actually good and it reheats very nicely. We had it for a couple of nights and everybody cherished it. This casserole comes collectively in a short time and one of the best half.. you solely want ONE pan to make it. You employ one skillet after which a 9X13 dish, so not lots of clear up, which is a win win!
It’s good for a busy evening and we will certainly add this recipe to our rotation. Thanks a lot Julia Reffner for sending this nice recipe!
What you’ll be able to change or add to this scrumptious dish:
- You possibly can change up the meat, use floor pork, floor hen or floor turkey. In case you are in search of extra protein and fewer fats floor hen or floor turkey could be the best choice.
- You employ the hashbrowns frozen which saves time. This dish comes collectively in a short time.
- You possibly can add different toppings like inexperienced chilis, Rotel tomatoes, inexperienced peppers and onions.
- You could possibly simply add black or pinto beans to the meat combination.
- Swap up the cheese to your liking.
- You possibly can high it with contemporary cilantro earlier than serving.
We’re actually having fun with all the fantastic recipes we now have acquired in the course of the summer time session of The Supper Membership. The response has been superb and we’re so grateful to everybody who has participated. The emails we obtain from the group saying how a lot they love their weekly recipes has been so rewarding. We’re blessed with probably the most superb followers. In case you are serious about The Supper Club, join our newsletter to be the primary to know once we are accepting new members!
For those who love this dish it’s worthwhile to try these!
- Tater Tot Sausage Casserole – This dish is a hearty breakfast casserole that has fantastic critiques and nice for brunch or any gathering. We particularly like it in the course of the vacation season.
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole – This dish is a good major dish that’s straightforward to throw collectively and will also be made with floor turkey as a substitute of floor beef.
- Ham and Tater Tot Casserole – This dish is a superb manner to make use of leftover ham and my household loves this one.
Are you studying our digital journal, Front Porch Life? It’s stuffed with nice new recipes, nation residing, unbelievable folks, southern appeal, cooking suggestions and a lot extra. We ship it on to your e-mail so you can begin studying, cooking and enjoyable instantly! That is our premium content material not discovered on our web site. Be a part of 1000’s of others as we speak and begin having fun with our journal!
Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
This scrumptious Mexican tater tot casserole is one in all our new favorites!
Servings: 6 servings
- l lb floor beef
- 1 10-oz package deal frozen corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning or do-it-yourself model
- 1 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 8 oz Mexican cheese mix
- 1 16 oz container bitter cream
- 32 ounce bag of frozen tater tots
Preheat oven to 350F.
Brown floor beef in a medium skillet. (*Additionally good with floor turkey.)
Add taco seasoning, salsa, and frozen corn to floor beef and blend nicely to reheat in skillet.
Unfold nonstick spray on a 9×13′ pan.
Unfold beef & corn combination in backside of 9×13 pan.
Spoon bitter cream over beef, use a spatula to unfold like frosting excessive of the combination.
Layer half the package deal of cheese on the bitter cream.
High the casserole with a layer of tater tots.
Place the rest of the cheese on high of the tater tots.
Bake in a 350F oven for 45 minutes. Lower into squares and luxuriate in!
Don’t overlook about our Ebooks! Every Book is a group of our hottest recipes. You should have all of them at your fingertips and may pull them up at any time. Good and handy as a substitute of getting to go looking a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
© The Southern Woman Cooks images and textual content – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on different websites, or different makes use of allowed with out written permission of the copyright holder.