What’s a summer season BBQ with out grilled hen kabobs?
With a sauce impressed by our favourite huli huli hen recipe, these kabobs have hen, pineapple, and greens with hints of ginger, soy, and brown sugar.
Excellent for a yard BBQ or any weeknight dinner, these kabobs add a contact of tropical with each chew.
Substances & Variations
CHICKEN: Boneless skinless hen thighs or hen breasts are nice on this recipe. Chunks of beef or shrimp can be utilized on this recipe, however cook dinner them individually from the greens since they’ll cook dinner at completely different charges.
VEGETABLES: Bell peppers, purple onions, and pineapple chunks are candy and colourful, however why not strive entire mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, or thick zucchini rounds? Potatoes and carrots needs to be par-cooked previous to including to kabobs, nevertheless.
MARINADE: The marinade makes the meal! These Hawaiian-inspired hen Kabobs use a sauce very loosely based mostly on Huli Huli hen, which is a Hawaiian specialty created by Ernie Morgado within the Fifties. Whereas this recipe isn’t cooked within the type of Huli Huli hen, which is hen that’s turned on the grill or a spit, it’s taste packed and scrumptious.
How one can Make Hawaiian Hen Kabobs
- Put together marinade per the recipe beneath & marinate hen for as much as 4 hours.
- Add ready greens to a big bowl & toss with 3 tablespoons of marinade.
- Thread hen and greens onto skewers.
- Grill Hawaiian hen kabobs till cooked by, brushing them with remaining marinade and rotating as wanted.
PRO TIP: At all times discard leftover marinade that has are available contact with uncooked meat to keep away from dangerous micro organism which will have developed.
Within the Oven:
Baked Hawaiian hen kabobs come out completely within the oven, too!
- Put together hen kabobs as much as Step 3 and bake them within the oven set to 375°F for 12-16 minutes, basting and turning them over midway by.
- Broil them for about 2 minutes for an additional char-grilled exterior.
Suggestions for Juicy Kabobs
- Soak picket skewers in water for a minimum of half-hour to forestall them from splintering or burning.
- For uniform cooking, lower hen and veggies into equal sizes.
- Depart a small quantity of area between each bit on the skewer. This permits warmth to flow into evenly and helps all the things cook dinner on the identical fee.
- Hen kabobs cook dinner shortly; use a meat thermometer to make sure they attain 165°F with out overcooking.
- For the most effective outcomes, pull them off the grill a couple of levels early since they may proceed to cook dinner as they relaxation.
- For finest outcomes, separate the leftover hen and greens and retailer in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Chop up leftovers and serve them over rice or in a chicken and noodle stir fry.
- Hawaiian hen kabobs freeze superbly! Scoop parts into zippered luggage and freeze for as much as 1 month. Thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating on the range or within the microwave.
Did you make these Hawaiian Hen Kabobs? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
Hawaiian Hen Kabobs
Grilled Hawaiian hen kabobs have tender hen, colourful veggies, and tangy sauce. It is the right summer season meal!
Mix all marinade components in a small bowl or freezer bag. Put aside ½ cup of the combination for the greens.
Add the hen to the remaining marinade, guaranteeing it’s well-coated and permit it to marinate for a minimum of half-hour or for as much as 4 hours.
Preheat the grill to medium-high (400°F).
In a big bowl, mix the diced bell peppers, pineapple, and onions and toss with 3 tablespoons of the reserved marinade.
Thread the hen and greens onto skewers.
Grill for 12 to 16 minutes or till cooked by, turning the skewers ceaselessly. Brush the skewers with the remaining marinade whereas cooking.
- Soak picket skewers in water throughout preparation to maintain them from burning or charring on the grill.
- Reduce meat and greens into uniform sizes for even cooking.
- A meat thermometer ought to learn 165°F when hen is finished. Take away from grill promptly.
Energy: 188 | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 25g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 655mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1085IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.